Welcome to my once-a-baby post, loyal readers. As you know, the only time I am allowed to touch the blog is when my wife has a baby and is unable to get to the computer, so I will be your guide for all the gory details....which traditionally men are very poor at reporting. (and if I really did give you the gory details, I would be sleeping in the garage for sure...)
The first image for your enjoyment is my wife before she put on the awesome gown. She wanted to get one last picture of her pregnant stomach. The room was great, the focal point was a large picture of 3 teddy bears dressed in pioneer-era clothes, having a picnic with a black lab. Yep, you read that right.

Obviously there were several cords & machines that I had to make sure were hooked up right, so I went ahead and threw on some of the blue gloves and did a quick inspection.

Several things happened between the picture above and the picture below that sent us into a whirlwind C-section. Feel free to contact Heidi directly for the details.

This one is actually taken in the OR....there may be some laughing gas involved in the lower picture, because I can assure you that if she saw what was happening on the other side of the curtain she would not be smiling......

A very eventful day! We are thankful to God for a healthy baby girl.
The Stats:
Reese Anderson DeKorne
March 11, 2010 (Shout out to our friends that share the same b-day!)
7lbs 4 oz
21 inches
Well, this is goodbye, you will most likely never hear from me again. Most of my free time will now be spent doing odd jobs so that I can pay for 3 weddings. If anyone needs minor plumbing, computer repair or gardening work done please let me know. I also have been practicing my old trombone if you need some easy listening music as the backdrop to your next formal event.
Love to you all~
Father of 3


21 comments:
Mark...I think you should consider starting your own blog...it could definitely make you lots of money and could possibly even cover college for at least one of your THREE children! SO HAPPY for you guys...Reese is precious and I love her already! YIPPPEEEE!!
Hilarious husband, adorable baby and staples - you are one lucky lady, Heidi ;) Love you and hope that recovery and life with three girls is off to a great start! See you soon!
Congratulations all! A fabulous post Mark. A beautiful new baby, and a beautiful family. I am already looking forward to your next "once a baby post."
Mark, I second Ali. I would read your blog if you had one. What a gorgeous baby Reese Anderson is! Giving Glory to God for the three miracles in your family :)!!!
I vote for you to be a regular guest blogger, Mark. Reese is so beautiful and by far the best birthday gift I've gotten! :) So thankful for her safe arrival. Love you, DeKornes!
Great post Mark!!! Congratulations to a father of 3 GIRLS!!! We can't wait to meet Reese and to hug all of you. For now, start learning the world of "zone defense". You'll get the hang of it after a while. For a time, someone will ALWAYS be crying and there will ALWAYS be a diaper to change and a mouth to feed. But, the joy and laughter - despite the lack of sleep - is totally worth it!!! Welcome to the world Reese! We love you!!!
Mark is a great blogger Heidi! ;) Reese is absolutely perfect! Congratulations to all of you on another beautiful girl! Y'all make such pretty babies :)
I loved this post from Mark. You both do such a great job describing life and making it funny too. Thanks for the update! I am glad Reese and Heidi are doing well. Heidi, you look beautiful in that first picture. Such a cute pregnant gal. :) Anyway, so excited for you guys. Reese is a little beauty. Can't wait to hear how Ava and Kaiya take to their new little sister too.
Congrats, friends! I love Reese already! Thanks for the play-by-play of the day. I love the pictures of all the fun you had together (with the picnicing bears, of course).
Mark, you might do better renting yourself out as a guest blogger than a trombone player. You're THAT good. Thanks for bringing much joy and laughter to our Saturdays!
Love you guys!
Congratulation you two! What a cute name too. Mark, you are (almost) as funny as Heidi so feel free to commandeer the keyboard anytime. I would enjoy hearing things from a father's perspective. Esp how the savings account is going for proms, tampons, hair product, shoes, purses and weddings. Oh dear.
Mark, we were so happy to see your post! Congratulations! We are thrilled with your news. We wish we could just drive up there and see her ourselves...beautiful little Reese! Can't wait to see more pictures!
Congratulations Heidi! I'm so excited for you guys! Take care and enjoy your new little one! Your family is precious!
hi mark and heidi-----what a privilege to read this and feel a part of all the fun in your familys life----cant wait to meet baby reese----so happy for you all-----love you guys so much!!
love~ ~momma seaman~
Congratulations Mark and Heidi! She is beautiful.
We love Reece! So excited for another baby girl. Mark, I refer you to Norman Yatooma and Marlana Geha on how to start saving now for the many weddings in your future (and let's not forget the prom dresses and pedicures in the interim). xoxo
Great post, Mark! I'll definitely be calling Heidi soon for the "gory details" :) Thrilled for you guys! Love the name--beautiful name for a beautiful, beautiful baby girl! BTW, Heidi you look fanTAStic in that "last" pregnant picture!!
Your guys both crack me up. Loved the post Mark. Reese is beautiful and Heidi, you look gorgeous as always...like the darker hair!! I saw a friend today who is pregnant and mentioned that my friend Heidi had her baby yesterday, and she said, "Is that the girl that always looks so amazing in every pregnancy??" I second that motion.
congratulations heidi and mark. i love the name :) i can't wait to see more pictures. heidi u looked awesome on your hospital day. i am so impressed.
Beautiful baby, great post, and one hot lookin' mama in the delivery room. Clearly you didn't labor through the night!!
Start casually using the word "elope" as your girls grow up so Mark isn't stuck doing odd jobs until he's in his 50s.
Love the post Mark!! You crack me up. I think it should be a once-a-month post.
She is so beautiful. I can't wait to hold her and watch her grow into yet another beautiful daughter of yours. God Bless her as she grows and God Bless you guys too as you raise her. Lots of love to you all!
We had visited the Price's over the weekend and told us the good news. Congratulations, from Andrea & Derek Niedermayer.
Post a Comment