Kaiya is sleeping right now in her crib. (Yes, she is no longer in a big bed but in a crib her size.) Still in the ICU, closer and closer to moving to the regular pediatric floor.
Although today was somewhat stressful for both of us, there were several positive things that happened:
*Heidi was able to successfully feed Kaiya a few times.
*EEG results did not show any seizure/stroke activity, the jerky movements seem to be a result of coming down off of the heavy meds she has been on for the past 5 days. Dr explained that it is similar to a drug addict coming down in detox. She is currently on valuim (sp?) to calm her nerves. Perhaps I can sell them on giving me a dose???
*The throwing up of stomach bile seems to have subsided.
*Eye doctor visited today to look at Kaiya's eye. Gave her some eye drops to dilate the pupils so he could get a look at what was going on deep in the retina. (This may be skewed, so sorry if my interpretation is not accurate.) He had some glasses that allowed him to look deep into her eye almost to her brain. His diagnosis was that due to the heavy inflammation in her head/brain, she is suffering from cerebral vasculitis. He says that this inflammation will subside eventually, and chances of improvement are positive. Can't say HOW MUCH it will improve, but he feels that it will get better than the current condition, which we are thankful for. Says it will be a long recovery.
Please continue to pray for:
*Left eye/left side of her face.
*Enough progress to get us out of the ICU.
*Patience as we wait for physical healing. We are first and foremost thankful that Kaiya's life was spared. It is very difficult, however, for both of us to see Kaiya in continued pain/struggle with the movement in her face & eye.
*A peaceful night.
Can't thank everyone enough for the continued support. Very meaningful to us, words can't express.
Mark
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Mark and Heidi - I am SO glad for the good news in this post. I know you still have an uphill climb ahead of you, but praise God for the positive results you've seen today. I'm praying that tomorrow brings more improvement and healing for sweet Kaiya, and that you are able to rest tonight and gather strength for the steps that are still ahead. Much love and all our prayers for your specific requests here in Chicago. :)
Mark and Heidi,
I've been offering my prayers for you and Kaiya ever since Katie told me about you. May God send you every grace and every blessing, as Kaiya continues to recover.
With love,
Kimberly
Praise God for the good news! I will continue to pray for all of your requests; you are in our thoughts and prayers more than you likely realize!
PS Heidi- so happy about the Biggest Loser results, aren't you?! Vicky looked great, but just glad she didn't win - not even close, really!
Mark and Heidi,
I am a friend of Melissa Parsons and wanted you to know that you and your sweet baby girl have been on my heart and in my prayers all week. I am amazed by your strength. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers.
Love,
Becky Todd
Our five are praying daily for baby-Kaiya...before school at meals and at bedtime..."Don't forget to pray for baby-Kaiya."
Love you, love you! Cousin and sibling/sibling-in-law kisses your way :)
I am keeping you in my prayers. I am a friend of Jenny's in San Antonio and have been praying for Kaiya since she told me your news.
I randomly came accross your blog from my friend Rachelle Bennecke and I just want you to know that we are praying for you in North Carolina.
Hang in there and stay strong!
Post a Comment