CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Saturday Afternoon

Good afternoon!

We just got done moving from ICU to the regular pediatric floor. It's amazing how much stuff you can accumulate in just 9 days. We looked like a legitimate gypsy caravan moving through the hallways of the hospital....wagons, etc.....I have always felt that you never really know how much "stuff" you have until you have to move it.

Kaiya seems to be adjusting well to the new room. The nurses here are great, just like the ones we had upstairs. Heidi is now sleeping, and Kaiya is in Grandpa's arms. I held her last night until about 4am, it was pretty special daddy/daughter bonding time.

Please continue to pray for Kaiya's left eye, still no movement with the eyelid, and no pupil reaction to light. She will see another eye doctor on Monday, and we are hoping he will notice some progress since Thursday. Other than that, the doctors are very happy with the progress we have made in the past 2 days, and we are very thankful as well!

Still looking like we are on target to be home by Christmas....Love to you all!

Mark

9 comments:

Keen Family

My name is Sam. Abby told me about you guys, and I have been praying and following your blog ever since. We have our church small group praying as well. Its good to hear that she is progressing!

Honeyman 4

Better and better...God is good.
Rachel

Grandma Holly

I'm Kelly Bradbury's mom. What a relief! Will keep praying and being inspired by your faith and your little fighter! She's a delight and we all feel connected to her struggles. Thank you for continuing to share.

Ben and Erin

So glad to hear about moving rooms and that Kaiya is still doing better. :) I can only imagine all that would be accumulated in over a week! Kaiya is probably so glad to be back in Mommy and Daddy's arms. What a great feeling, I'm sure. We'll continue to pray for God's healing hand on her little eye. You all are in our thoughts and prayers.

Courtney

Praising God for some good news - yea!! So glad Kaiya seems to be feeding better, too. Oh...and that Mark got some good bonding time, too. She's such a cute little peanut :-) :-)

How can we be praying for Ava right now?

Billy, Ann and Baby Clark

Praise the Lord! and that will be the most special Christmas (and present) you will ever recieve I bet..thanks for keeping us posted! Armloads of prayers to you all- Billy, Ann (Essenburg) & Elliana Clark

Ashley

So glad to hear this news! We are still praying for that left eye, believing that complete healing is possible when God wants to reach down and touch her... you guys are great parents and I'm sure you're anxious to be back home as a family with Ava.

Anonymous

I am so happy for you guys! Thanks you so much for keeping us posted. :)

Shelley (Kelly M's friend)

Jennifer

Again, just Katie's friend in Spring. I check in on Kaiya every day and include her in every prayer! I'm so happy she's made such a grand step towards full recovery.

Jennifer

Post a Comment