My family has been very nice (worried about me) to come and keep me company here in this foreign land. I want to punch my own self though. So mad I didn't better document!
My sister Laurel...(they don't come any sweeter)

The donut tradition..

My dear mama

Ok so one thing that always upsets me about not living in Houston is that nobody makes their own tortillas. I made them once and the rolling them out part was noooot fun...so I got this handy dandy tortilla press. (only 20 bucks from sur la table!) Mr. Macho took care of this part for me. (he is awesome...if i've never mentioned that)


My friend
Abby and I have been real good about meal planning this month. She's doing a week at a time and I planned the whole month. It's been nice to reduce my brain work a bit at the last minute. (Or feed my kids junk every meal. Now it's only half the meals. :)) Anyway-this night we had pork carnitas with cilantro lime slaw and home made corn tortillas. Um, yum.


Ok, Kaiya walked in my room at some insane hour when it was still dark, and said-"Mom, could you help me get these pants off? It's kind of tricky." I barely even looked and told her she could take her own pants off. (Like any mother would do at 6:05, right??)

The girl had FIVE pairs of pants on! I don't know how she could even walk!

Got the situation under control and decided to go with a skirt. :)

This picture cracks me up-this is the forced smile pic we most likely get..why I so appreciate that bench pic a few posts ago where everyone looked like they were happy and well fed. :)

This is how I am mostly. My poor family. (and yeah, berry berry crunch. don't judge me. i make dinner.)


This was fun to get a picture of-when Mark is gone we usually try and skype as often as possible. Laurel was there to capture our typical scene. :) (ps-body pillow in the background that i didn't get til my last pregnancy, deeee-lightful.)

5 comments:
5 pairs of pants that's impressive! And way to go on meal planning.see you do have a little type A in you ;) I am so type B on meal planning it's not funny. Love your girls' clothes and Kaiya's boots are adorable!
Basically "ditto" to the Samsons comment. The pink boots--I want a pair! And the five pair of pants, "a little tricky" . . . . uh, yeah! The most I ever caught connor with was three, but sweet little gracie has enough trouble with just one pair. :)
I laughed my way through this one. I miss you. And you look skinny!
Okay, Kaiya and Reese are looking too old! Love this post. Wish I could come over for dinner. Think that your one month meal plan is quite amazing. You all are the cutest (that includes Laurel and your mom).
-April
I can also tell by this post that you bathe your children way more than I do - so double points for that! Love you and your girlies!
Post a Comment