My heart is certainly in Michigan for the long haul, but I have deep loyalty for Texas-the state where I was raised. And the Tex-Mex. But anyway.
My mama, a real trooper, headed with me for a whirlwind trip to the lonestar state. I feel roadtrips are something that need to be instilled into kids. I love roadtrips, and want my girls to grow up with the same feelings. So far though, it seems like it might have skipped a generation.


I spent basically the entire trip handing her junk to keep her from crying. The baby worked for awhile-her hand was up because she was patting. Sweet little honey.

I'm a sunsetaholic.

Our main voyage was to see Aunt Ann and Uncle Jim. They have the cutest house ever in Galveston and were kind enough to share it with my three little wrecking balls and myself. We had so much fun.

She bought all kinds of awesome stuff I don't buy. Juice boxes, toaster strudels, pretty much everything good.

I think this picture is kind of fabulous.

the old classic: "dump uncle jim out of the hammock"

Lots of running. The backyard was a lifesaver!


Ava giving some grilling advice.


I've never been too into dressing all three alike, but lately have done it a little more and it is kind of cute. Also it makes them easy to spot when we're in public. :)

Lots of cuddling.


I love how all it takes is a plastic pool from Big Lots to give kids a joyous afternoon.

And an occasional chain link fence. :)

I included this mostly because I just don't want to forget these ringlets.

We got a quick lunch in with my dear friend Alicia who we haven't seen for WAY too long! She was so special to us when Ava was born and got us our first baby present, threw a beautiful shower for me, and spent lots of meals out dealing with a baby. :) So special to see her!

Probably lunch with my 3 crazies reaffirmed Alicia's desire to not have kids. :)

Then we got to our dear friends, The Liardons. Ava was just a little excited. Ava and Anna.

I love Ava's complete embrace while Anna reads to her.

Then we did the unthinkable and went to a restaurant with all SEVEN kids. They definitely did a double take when we said 3 adults and 7 kids. My favorite quote of the night: "was she wearing shoes when we got here?" With that many you just miss some details.

The Lone Ranger.

Dear EVERY STATE IN THE UNION BESIDES TEXAS, Why can't you make food like this??!!!

Don't let this sweet face fool you. This girl has turned into the roadrunner leaving destruction all over her path. And her willingness to stay in a high chair has gone to 0%. REAL unfortunate for a mama who enjoys eating out more than just about anything.

Three cheers to Jeremy for letting me eat my food and exiting the premises with the crazy one. He even tamed her. Impressive.

Push Pops!!

Bath time.

8 really cute pigtails.

Children's museum fun. Cute little firefighters.

Reese just making a quick withdrawal.

The cutest checker in town.

Fun with sand. And friends.

Reese walking all by herself thru the kid tunnel. :)


And finally our d
ear old neighbors. Behind Julie and Reese is the house we brought Ava home from the hospital to. We loved our time there!!

Oh look, she spilled in the first 42 seconds.

Sweet Olivia who was Ava's age when we met her. Scares me how big and darling she is! It's coming fast!


So thankful for our quick trip and special people to see. Can't wait to go back soon and see a few more we missed this time around. We love you Texas!
7 comments:
Yeah for a Texas update - this all just makes me so happy (and a little jealous I don't have three stinkin' adorable girls). Love, love, love you!
PS - I LOVE roadtrips, too!
Big fan of the matching dresses. Love.
Oh my goodness, how fun! It makes my heart hurt a little bit. Love you
Reese is getting so big!! Looks like such a fun trip. You are such a trooper doing all of that with three little ones! :)
i did think you were courageous taking the kids on a road trip again! we survived our 12 hours but that was a lot less then your trip! i hope you enjoyed the children's museum. we love that one.
So glad you were able to make it back...looks like you squeezed a lot in in a short amount of time! Judging from all the hugs in the photos, I think everyone was thrilled to see you and your beautiful girls :)
You are very brave, sister! Glad you had a great time in TX! Miss you :-)
Post a Comment