I'm not normally this kind of blogger, but I've just been real happy lately and I thought I'd give a shout out to a few of the catalysts.
Obviously, these people.
My parents always had a prayer bench like this in our house growing up. At some point my Dad got all 4 of us an antique one as well. This is the first time we've had it in our house, and I love having it. I pray a lot, but it's extra special to sometimes go lift up special requests in this location. What have I been praying about a lot lately? This, this, and this.
The Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick. As I said above, I don't indulge much. And actually didn't even buy this one. But it's a once a year splurge for sure. It's magical. I like to think one impact I've had on the world is introducing many people to this little nugget.
BBM multi person chat. 2 friends for the price of 1. Awesome. Plus, just texting in general. I love it. Makes me feel closer to people I love far away. And it's easy. And I don't do it while driving. (that's for you Mom.)And finally, this blog: www.ememby.wordpress.com This girl is one of my favorites. And she is cool. And has a cool blog. Some people, in my opinion, try to force stuff on their blog and try and be certain people they maybe are not. But this girl just oozes greatness and her blog oozes her. It's perfect. Except for the chocolate chip pie recipe somewhere in there. That's just evil.
Stay tuned for regularly scheduled programming.
7 comments:
I don't know that calling me out publicly was necessary, but message received. My blog is too perfect to be believable, right? Ugh, I knew it.
Love this. Although I have had issues with the shimmer brick. Both of mine have shattered because I am klutzy and drop stuff. Annoying. The shellac looks amazing! xo
This post made me happy. Your prayer bench is so cool....oh, those requests break my heart. I think i am a fan of the shellac results too! ...still looking for that perfect color tho. Wondering if I'll do another one before next Mothers Day ;) If only it lasted that long. Miss you!
You are too sweet - glad the blog is making you happy because it's doing the same thing for me (and yours also does the same thing for me). Everything about this post makes me happy - love you!
PS - Cookie pie is not evil, it's divine!
The prayer bench is a great idea! And those links you posted to, I read all three of them and can't get them out of my mind. So thanks for sharing and I will make sure to pray for those people too.
What kind of smoothies do you make? I would love a recipe. Smoothies are kind of gross to me but I would really like to like them.
totally feel the need to go out and grab a blendtec and a new brita pitcher (we have a small "Pur" pitcher but I am constantly refilling it... and it's not orange.) :)
great post, heidi! happy to hear about so many happy things in your life :). i am going to have to get one of those brita pitchers (i am a big orange fan too!) and that blender looks wonderful. we love smoothies too :). i read all the links, as well - i now keep up with "teaching tuck and ty" regularly now...that one really got to me. she is a great writer (i read back to a lot of her earlier posts). shows how your life can change in an instant. really makes you appreciate all your loved ones.
Ok. I had no idea what a shimmer brick was. From the picture, I was imagining something you put your feet on and rub for some reason but I couldn't figure out how it worked. Lol! So I googled it. It's make-up!! :)
Isaiah has been sleeping later this week so I get to get up and get ready BY MYSELF and sometimes even check email and blogs!! THAT makes me happy. :)
Post a Comment