CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 17, 2011

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

Y'all. I love my mother-in-law. She is such a blessing in our lives! Not only is she a fabulous oma to our kids and mom to us, but she truly has one of the purest hearts of anyone I've ever met. So thankful for this pretty lady!

Here are a few reasons we adore her...


1. She takes ballet. Isn't she beautiful?? Lucky Dad!
2. She takes pictures of us that we would not otherwise have.
(I put this up mostly because it cracks me up that all three of us are doing the exact same thing with our eyes.)
3. She loves the farmer's market as much as I do. (horse rides are an added bonus.)
4. She brings a dozen donuts as a carry on for my girls. And maybe me.
5. She reads, and reads, and reads.
6. And dances. (7. She made that cute skirt from a sundress she bought at Target that was too big. Just sliced it up and made it. I'm so jealous of talented people.)
8. She leaves her house SEVEN hours after we called her to tell her we were getting baptized to come spend the weekend with us. Seven hours. Got on a plane. Flew here. Seven.

Side note: We had the very awesome experience of having my brother baptize us together. Turns out I thought I had been, and Mark was as an infant. If you're curious why we believe this, this link provides a snippet of info and biblical basis for our choice. You can also go HERE, and click on "Why we avoid baptism"...for a more in depth read.


9. She has picnics with my kids.
and cuddles.
10. She tells the girls to wake her up in the morning, not us, then shows them videos of her ballet on the computer so we think they slept til 8. :)
11. She does crazy things to get a picture like this.
See?
12. And dances more.
We love you so much Mom/Oma! Thanks for being such a wonderful part of our life!

5 comments:

Melissa D.

What a preciously sweet post, about an obviously preciously sweet lady!

Anonymous

Wow - she really is pretty amazing! What a sweet woman!

parsonsfamily

That is such a sweet post and what a wonderful grandma! Also...what a great blessing to share baptism with your brother and mark!

Lauren

This is such a sweet post, Heidi! Oma ROCKS!
Many blessings on you and Mark on your baptism!

Keri

I love this post... so sweet!

Post a Comment