Thursday, May 15, 2008
The "in case there is no update" Update
We are at Mark's parents in Connecticut for a week. We are glad to be here. I will tell you why. First let me preface by giving you some background on my child. She is MY child..and sleeps like you wouldn't believe. At least 13 hours a night. Goes to bed at 7, wakes up usually between 8 and 8:30-(yesterday 9:20!!)-then takes two naps during the day that are 1-2 hours a piece. We love our sleep. Yesterday, we had to drive to Detroit, fly to Laguardia, drive to Connecticut. This lasted from 11:45 am until 9:00 pm. NO SLEEP. Not a wink. "Oh surely she'll sleep on the way to Detroit". Nope. "She will probably fall asleep right as I pull into the airport." Nope. "Maybe it's good because she'll sleep the whole flight." Nope. "The 2 hour drive to Connecticut???" Nope. So, we are glad to be here. She is sleeping. And thankfully all 3 flight attendants on our flight took turns and passed her back and forth and held her and walked her around and showed her lights and barf bags and water bottles. Anyway, once she catches up on her missing 12 hours of sleep maybe she will smile for the camera. And then I will update with some pictures. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
wow..what a great sleeper! she should teach cade some tricks about sleeping in. too bad even though he sleeps 12 hours a night he insists 6:30 is a great time to get up! Oh..and Congratulations on another girl..what fun!!
Oh.My.Gosh. Wow...I'm glad you're there too. You're so brave to make that trip by yourself. My new idol :) Hope the rest of the time goes a lot better!
What a day! First of all, I am jealous of your truly wonderful sleeper. I only wish. Clare is a pretty good sleeper, but not like Ava. :) Anyway, sorry to hear about the lack of sleep for her and all your traveling. Hopefully she'll make it up here and there! Have fun!
Hope you are having fun and that sweet Ava has recovered! Can't wait for pictures. Love you! :)
Post a Comment