While we were gone, one of my most giant sadnesses was our kids not getting to grow up going to the lake every few weekends in the summer. Therefore, it's one of the biggest highlights of being back, and Memorial Day was the kickoff of our summer of happiness at the lake.
We loaded the whole team up and hit the road.
And landed amongst a gaggle of cousins and aunts and uncles and spiders. We kept the cuddling to things with only two legs.We got to eat at some of our local favorites.
And play at our local beach.
And there was plenty of fraternizing with the locals as well. (I love how Grandma and Mark are hugging and Reese is clinging on, too.)
Beach bum.
Have I ever mentioned the impossibility of decent pictures? I won't talk about it again.
I'll just show you.
Late night Monopoly. (I'm a huge supporter of this because a)I hate Monopoly and b)I love going to bed. It's a win/win for me.)
Lemonade at Grandma's...
More of the gaggle.
Family meals.
And the traditional Monday hot dog roast.
We are in love with Glen Lake and so thankful to be back to enjoy it. Yay summeR!!!!!










6 comments:
Looks like a great kickoff to summer. Your post made me miss summers in Michigan! Hope to visit next summer and let the kids enjoy the beauty of Lake Michigan!
I miss our lake days with the family. Those were memorable times. I hope you get to go up there often. It looks so pretty!
What a beautiful place!! I can see why you are in love with it. :) Oh, and Reese looks so angelic in that beach bum picture--I cannot stop staring at it! Miss you!!!
That lake is quite lovely! Love the sunset picture. Really love all the pics of your adorable kiddos!!
That is some sunset! And I cannot believe that you hate Monopoly... seriously?
Heidi: Your family is soooooo cute! I love reading your blog! It is so much fun! Thanks for sharing with us all!!
Post a Comment