CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Santa's Little Helpers from the North Pole. And by the North Pole, I mean Richmond.

We had a slightly unconventional Christmas. You see, we are moving. It's been about 5 months and we are bored. (ha)

It's actually a very cool story of God providing for us over the last year, and now we will be going home to Michigan. To our same house. And friends. And family. We are grateful-but as always change is bittersweet. We are leaving maybe the best company I've encountered, but gaining a Mark who travels WAY less, and can be home most nights. This hasn't happened, well, ever. Seeing as how the Lord keeps blessing us with children and these children keep blessing me with sciatica, I'm infinitely grateful to have my favorite person in the world with me more to heighten the fun, and lessen the load. If you're counting-that's 4 moves this year, including the temporary apartment. Military wives, if you need advice, just call me. :)

Originally we had planned to go to Mark's parents for Christmas, but being the kind people they are-they drove all the way to us so we could spend Christmas Day speckling and painting and packing. It was very merry. :)
Of course they were immediately distracted from work by requests for books and looking at photo albums. They are wonderful grandparents.


Mark's poor Mom had brought this expensive small container of crab soup all the way from their house in the cooler and tended to it so carefully. Mark opened the refrigerator and unfortunately the soup jumped out. (?) I might have been slightly bitter that a)I didn't get to eat the soup, and b) Mark was not the one on the floor cleaning it up. :)
There was still some recreation to be had.

Santa?
Our mini tree.
Mark reading the Christmas Story to adoring fans.
The winning gift.
Cute outfits from Oma.

Three sleepy ballerinas.

Bike ride for the girls....

and for Oma!
And finally Merry Christmas from the newest DeKorne. Getting kind of worried how big he will be in 10 more weeks! Slow down buddy!

Very thankful this Christmas, for Jesus and for cool story he's written us over the last year!

14 comments:

Carrie

happy for you to be moving back "home." good luck with the move!

Blair

Merry Christmas to you and your sweet ballerinas! Oh I'm a bit jealous ;-) Congrats on your move back to Michigan! I hope we'll be heading home before too long (I've only been here 6wks, LOL)!

The Moser Fam...

i could not be more thrilled to have you back!! five hours is much, much better!! LOVE YOU and your babies and your hubby!

Dave, Ninny and Isla

You look amazing. Can't wait to have you back in the mitten.

Melissa D.

a) you are, without doubt, the cutest pregnant lade EVER! b) wow, just reading your blog the past year has felt like perpetual motion, I can't even imagine what an adventure. I'm so happy for you to be returning "home," and that you will have your Mark home with you more often. Good luck with the sicatica. (Have you seen a PT? or a chiropractor?)

Marissa

I wonder if this holds any foreshadowing for us....haha It's cool to see how God has provided for your family in the midst of many changes. Excited for you guys (and, maybe, a little jealous ;) Merry Christmas! (ps- your baby bump is super cute!)

Keri

YAY! That's all- just YAY!! Oh- and you still have the cutest girls ever. Also your mini tree made me giggle.

parsonsfamily

are you kidding me about that last picture? You look AMAZING! And you get to move back!!!! I'm so happy for you guys. What a year. Miss you friend.

Kelly

Really? The same house? Wow!! Don't worry, 11 pound babies are super easy to nurse! :)

amberWIRE

Favorite preggo pic of all time! You are beyond gorgeous!

Christina

wow! you are moving back home!! awesome. i am sure you are soooo thrilled and back to your old house. amazing! i hope your move went smoothly! you look fantastic in your preggo picture.

Lesley

its true...you look amazing! You are definitely the hottest preggo that I've ever seen. So glad you're back home!

Anonymous

I think the Christmas presents were threatening to eat up the tree - I just love you, your photos and your commentary!

Alicia S.

Wow! I couldn't be happier for you! You look phenomenal! I just love your family and can't wait to meet the new addition! I hate we didn't see you while you were in LA, but we are heading up north to visit, I promise!

Post a Comment