CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'm getting to the age I really need to start taking care of my skin.

This is what my friend Christina told me this weekend. It's true. But I don't want to.
I've washed my face maybe 10 or 20 times in my life. Mostly in middle school when I had a zit and then attacked it with every possible product and made it peel like I'd been south of the equator for 4 weeks. Anyway. If you see me glowing anytime soon, don't worry-I'm NOT having another baby, just following some new regime.

What's that? You don't care about my skin? Oh. Sorry. It's just that I don't have much to post about. And I want my girls to look back at our blog book and clue in that somewhere around 31 they need to up the anty on anti-aging.

Ok. Took the girls-all 3-to the dr, for 2 month, 18 month, and 3 year appointments. Besides everybody getting shots and taking Ava to the potty 3 times in vain, it went great. I have never posted stats on here before. I'm not sure why, but I'm going to now because I'm mad I've never done it. Obviously people who don't wash their face also don't keep baby books or the little slips you get from the dr. SO-for my personal record keeping: feel free to bypass (if anyone is still reading, which, besides my Mama is probably no one.)

AVA: 32.3 lbs (70th %) She gained 6 lbs this year! Big ol' spike on her growth chart!
38.5 inches tall (80th%)
KAIYA: 25 lbs (60%)
33 3/4 inches tall (95th%)
REESE: 11lb 12 oz (75%)
23 3/4 inches (93%)

And now pictures of those big cuties.

loving hanging out together...makes me happy :)

Oh I love that baby. Someone said to me the other day, "you sure have lucked out with three really good babies." And I thought...don't I get any credit for being just an exceptional mother? Then Ava hit me. So true about the pride and fall thing. So true.
We support mud.
I don't even know what to say about that face.

My friend Meredith and I at an auction the other night. We felt it more important to take our own picture than participate in the Nascar item up for bid. (Yep, she is really cute. Sometimes you just have to give it up and be friends with perfect people because they can end up being really nice.)
Reese got to come out on our date. (Please keep the "how to get your kid to take a bottle" advice coming!) She and I had a lovely time in the handicap bathroom together.
Mother's Day lunch at Aunt Barb's house. Thanks for the gift of photography to Uncle Dave.

So thankful to be a mother. Seriously NOTHING else I ever wanted to do. I dreamed of being pregnant in elementary school. I'm so, so, so, blessed to be living my dream.

My little miracle.


14 comments:

Katie

up the anty on anti-aging. hee hee. Good one. I read the whole post, thank you very much. And I liked it. In the pic of Ava and Reese, Ave looks so much like Mark when he laughs. And what a gorgeous picture of your little miracle. That she is. That's a framer for sure.

Abby

Ok, so not fair that your skin looks like it does and you don't wash it! Ugh. Anyway, love the pics--especially that one of the girls in their diapers with Reese and the last one of Kaiya--you and Mark make gorgeous girls! And I'm sure you'd make handsome boys if you want to try for that ;)

The Moser Fam...

You are so pretty and I really doubt you need to be worrying about anti-aging. :) I have been thinking the same thing lately though...noticing the start of wrinkles and spots I didn't have before...creepy! Oh..and I know you don't have this issue...but the gray hair is SO irritating...it's overtaking my head!

Anyway...love all these pictures...they are really good and the family one of all of you is precious. I can't say it enough...beautiful girls, beautiful family. Love you! Me

Lesley

great post Heids! So what's the regime...let me in on it. I am have been dabbling in some things also. Didn't think I'd hate getting old, but starting to feel it. Your girls are beautiful and you have such a beautiful fam. And I love seeing the stats, keep em coming. Luvs!

The Inspired Nester

Hey Hot Momma- You guys are so super cute and YOU are beautiful! The auction was fun, thanks for the distraction during Nascar auction...ummm yeah...ps-flattering commentary on our friendship-but seriously, so not even close to perfect. You make it look easy!

parsonsfamily

oh my goodness they are all so cute. Like your cute hair too. I had to do a double take at the taking all 3 kids to the dr. at the same time part....hope you had help...but knowing you wonder woman, you probably did it all by yourself!

Abby

That picture of Kaiya is so precious. They all are, really, though.

Keri

That last picture of Kaiya is just too much... so precious!

Laurie

As long as you brush your teeth (Hello - Jessica Simpson - try it sometime!) You have beautiful skin and you can hang out with perfect people 'cause you're one of 'em. ;)

Anonymous

LOVE the new family pic! You guys are so cute!!!

Ben and Erin

Great post. You always keep me laughing with your comments and observations about every day things. :) Your family is beautiful. You are so blessed with those three adorable girls. Glad you had a good mother's day too.

Dave, Ninny and Isla

It is daunting to consider that we will have to start doing more than wash our face when we shower (as we do regularly twice a day ;) I suppose smile lines are what we get from the pure enjoyment of having girls. Ava with the ponytail is priceless. Reese...SLOW DOWN! We need you to fit into the cute summer clothes of your predecessors. Kaiya, a miracle, so precious and sweet. I love her hugs. Looking forward to doing a mud mask next time we are together. I'm sure Ava can mix us up something awesome.

Matt and Abby

1. You are a good mother. Kids hit, not a reflection on you, just on your kid...that we all come out sinners:) Hannah hit me yesterday. In the face.

2. You have really cute clothes. The past two days I have found myself in an old TU tshirt that was too big and jeans from high school. Do you like how I said "found myself" like the clothes jumped on me and I had nothing to do with it?

3. Two kids is overwhelming. How do you do 3??

Lauren

Love the post! Love your girls! Especially love the "pride and fall" comment....that happens to me ALL the time! (God likes to serve me humble pie....but I just am so blessed!)

Post a Comment