CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Vacation from my PROBLEMS!

We didn't go on vacation last week. Our friends vacationed with us. But it felt like vacation. A vacation from our problems...or at least having to do the dishes alone. Six kids requires lots of babysteps. Baby steps to bedtime, baby steps through dinner at a restaurant, but oh so much fun.

A big moment for Ava: her first pedicure. That's right, welcome to the world my love. And thanks Katie for that lovely shade of lavender that we will forever remember on her cute little toes.

We had fun just breakfasting on the veranda, (Thomas and Anna), kayaking (definitely not me), and taking baths together, (I'll just leave that one alone.)

Sleeping Bear Dunes. All I can say is that climbing up is just plain miserable. No way around it. As Jeremy said: "that's not a dune, that's a sand MOUNTAIN." And when you are as interested in cardio fitness as I am, makes for a long morning!
We're on a boat.
This collage encompasses a lot of the fun. I think the Family Feud circa 1980 was one of my favorite highlights. My favorite question: "Name the make and model of a car that would have a phone in it". Can you guess the answers??

We also did some serious damage at McDonald's. (note afformentioned cardio health) I love the picture of all six kids moderately contained. With the exception of Ava who is, like she almost ALWAYS is, jumping. (Her cardio endurance should be good to go!) And I spent most of the time doubled over in laughter like that. Funny crowd. Fun crowd. Ache that they left but so thankful for the awesome time we had! Love you guys!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Ben and Erin

Gotta love "What About Bob?". The lines are classic. Looks like a very fun time and I continue to love the way you describe life situations and the wording of your posts. You crack me up! The collages are great too!

Lauren

I'm so glad y'all had fun! I saw all the pics from Katie, too, and was VERY jealous of the scenery!

Katie

Great post Heidi. You said it perfectly. I'm glad you added that picture of you laughing. I love that one.

And...what? No pictures or mention of Roto-rooter man and the weak septic?

The Moser Fam...

FUN FUN! Great pictures and can't wait to see you myself soon! Love you!

Anonymous

Looks like such a great time! :) I LOVE Family Feud ... even if it is a little outdated!

Abby

Looks like a really fun vacation with really good friends. So happy you got some time with Katie and Jeremy! Love you, can't wait until that's us!

Post a Comment