CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year, ABBA Style.

Have you heard that song by Abba? Not that great, but annoyingly lingers in your head.

So I can't find the camera. If you know me, this is not surprising. I usually can't find something of importance. Keys, wallet, phone, camera, you name it. I would make it a resolution to try and do better, but I don't keep resolutions. People who lose things (I call us losers)-typically can't keep resolutions if we can't even keep track of our keys. I haven't lost a pound since I had mono 5 years ago, I tried to quit drinking Diet Coke about 450 times with no luck, and I've read the first 2 months of my bible in a year for about ten years. They just aren't worth it. So-that leads to a boring post.

Some things I'm excited about though:

1) TV. The Bachelor (yeah, make fun of me, don't care), American Idol, and The Biggest Loser all start fresh in January. If you are going to be chained to your house for the winter, at least make your DVR work to keep you happy.

2)I think I'm well on my way to finding babysitters so I can still go to bible study and MOPS in the Spring and therefore not have to be committed to an institution.

And now, something I don't understand.

WHAT is the big deal with this whole digital TV transition? Is anyone really still using rabbit ears? This thing has been flashing across the screen like the rapture is about to happen and everyone who still has rabbit ears will be sucked away. I just don't get it. I think they are making something that will affect maybe 6 people WAY too big of news. Just my opinion.

Happy New Year to each of you. And much love from our family, and ABBA, to you.

16 comments:

AmberW

Happppy New Year!
I am with you... a big ol' loser! Something is ALWAYS lost around here... perhaps I need to work on that.
Hope 2009 is a great year :)

djdk

U Dave & A Barb still use "rabbit ears" on top of their house! Put their kids through Christian day school and Calvin College with the money saved from not paying for cable! (well, not quite)

U Dave & A Barb

Ben and Erin

Happy New Year to you all too! I loved this post. You are just so fun to read! :) I totally agree about the digital tv thing too. I don't know a single person who uses rabbit ears anymore. Too funny! Anyway, we are continuing to pray for Kaiya and so glad you all are home and doing well.

Jenkins

Happy New Year.
Sign me up for any reality show. Love pretty much any of them.

Although, some how I am always snacking when watching Biggest Loser...

Hope you are doing great!

Abby

I'm just as excited as you are to watch Jason find a mom for Ty! CanNOT wait! What MOPS group are you going to? Been considering joining one. Anyway...Happy New Year to you guys as well!

Lesley

Dude, you make Les and I laugh. We are huge Batch and American Idol fans as well. Yes, I get made fun of a lot for it, but I don't care either. You'll have to come over or we"ll head a few hundred yards down the street to take those in together this winter.

Matt

Erin and Josh

okay, you are hilarous. thanks for making me laugh. I AGREE! who has rabbit ears??? :) Happy New Year!

Abby

Woo hooo...American Idol! I think I swore off it after last season, but you know how that goes...

Courtney

would you consider rabbit ear-users, "losers"? So what if we live in the stoneages...i like those tacky shiny things on top of our analog tv ;)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

by Beth

totally with you on the digital tv transition. and even if people DO still have rabbit ears, why do they need to be reminded CONSTANTLY that it's happening??

loved your post, love ava, love kaiya, love mark, love you.

~Beth

Anonymous

Love this post. Thanks for making me smile! :)

The Moser Fam...

miss you...think you're funny....love you :)

Kelly
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly

Sad to say that I am going to need to order a box soon to take care of our reception that we get with our rabbit ears - no cable, no nice tv. But, I will have a new house for our crappy tv soon. :)LOL

Anonymous

You know who still has rabbit ears? Parents whose kids who go to private colleges and get married! Not complaining--happy about degrees and husbands (-: We actually have one--with a converter box already. Doesn't work all that well.
I envision a time when Heidi and the All Girl Taylor Fan Club will have kids who say, "Can you believe my parents still have CABLE?? And Blue-Ray?? And they watch that old folks' show, "The Bachelor?" Now THAT will be fun!
Glad to see pix of the beautiful
babies (and parents!) and the improvement in Kaiya's eye. God is good, all the time. Love you.

Anonymous

i know this is an old old post but i wish i lived near you because i babysit for like 9 different families and your girls look like SO much fun!

Post a Comment