CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 22, 2011

The Big Easy

The title is not referring to our road trip from Florida. Or the job we had ahead of us. Merely the location we went.

Here's our departing from Florida footage. I know you wish you were with us. Glad the girls didn't know this would be the shortest roadtrip of the next month!
We finally made it to fancy hotel living. (We changed sleep locations every 3 nights for almost a month. My girls are troopers!)
But the next morning packed up bright and early...
We had a joyous reunion ahead!!!!!
Our DEAR dear friends-drove through the night, just to come help us move in. Including Christina's Mom, (who we all lovingly refer to as Geha) and Megan. Can't even begin to describe what a blessing it was to have all this help during one of life's most miserable tasks!
The girls checking out the new place...
Of course we had to eat. And what pregnant woman doesn't want fried pickles? Ok, I would have wanted them whether I was pregnant or not. So amazing-and the ranch at this place? You should come visit me just to experience this culinary masterpiece.
I told them to look like they were having fun.
Ugh. Just looking at this mess makes me throw up in my mouth a little. Don't know what I would have done by myself!
Some people, however, preferred to sit and watch the washer.
We also had beignets. (we only choose to be friends with people who like to eat :))

Fun at Target with Auntie Megan!
Threw all the kids in our concrete backyard for meals. We are still lacking a table. Please pray.
Christina and I had this great system going with baths where I'd bring a freshly bathed child to her, she would pj and diaper them up, and I'd go get the next one, etc. Except this time, by the time I dropped the 2nd kid off and got back, Reese had dived back into the tub in her clean pj's and diaper. That girl.
We did get out the last night at 9:00 for a quick adult dinner out. (Thanks Geha for monitor sitting!!)
Found this book on our adventures. A Louisiana Classic, it says it right there! Sure is different from the midwest. But with fried green tomatoes and pickles and ranch, I suppose we will be just fine.

More soon.

6 comments:

Carrie

you are a trooper and deserve an award of some kind! wish i could have been there to help unpack ... that is an organizer's dream! BTW ... jen leaves tomorrow for malaysia, but we are headed there for a visit this november which made the goodbye easier!

Anonymous

Those are most definitely some good friends! What a blessing!

Marissa

we may need to talk :)

Susan

Oh Heidi..This post makes me so homesick... And, could your girls be any cuter..

Keri

Yay- new posts from Heidi! Um, fried pickles and ranch? Yes please! (Pretty sure I couldn't find those anywhere around here.) So glad for your wonderful friends who were able and willing to help. And looking forward to more updates- love you!

Courtney

I love me Beignets!! I'm impressed with all you're doing while dealing with morning sickness-ugh!! That pic of Reese in the tub with her PJ's on is awesome...what a great moment you captured :D hope the gulf coast region treats you well...you're less than 4 hours from where my family lives in Destin. It'd be a great family getaway sometime...we love it there!!

Post a Comment